This post is how to install Weblogic in Linux or UNIX box from the windows client (desktop). Most of the cases we are working in windows desktops and connecting the UNIX servers through putty. However, when installing Weblogic we are comfortable to install in windows mode. Here is the steps to achieve that installation through Xming.
1. First Install the XMing from here
This is straight forward wizard –click next –finally it is installed in the machine.
2. Download the Putty and in Putty SSH > X 11 à enable X11 forwarding
In session put your server ip and save it.
3. Then logging into putty.
The Weblogic Configuration wizard usually resides on
weblogic installation path/server/common/bin/config.sh
4. Now configuration wizard is open
5. Select Domain Source
6. Specify Domain Name and Location
7. Put admin username and password
8. Select JDK
9. Select Optional Configuration