DataAndStats.com welcomes you. We value your privacy, and want you to know what information we collect and what we do with it.
Cookies – Automatic Data Collection
We use a software technology called “cookies” for several purposes, depending on the type of cookie employed. Within DataAndStats.com, we use what are commonly called “session” cookies, meaning that they only last as long as you are online. We use these cookies to identify you as a valid subscriber so that we can deliver music to you, to ensure that no one else can sign on simultaneously with your account from another computer and to help us personalize your service experience based on your registration preferences (such as genre). We may also use session cookies to help us facilitate any promotions or surveys that we provide. As part of the sign-in process, we may also use what are commonly called “persistent” cookies which stay with you after your session is over and you are offline. We only use these cookies in connection with a sign-in feature that allows you to save your member name and password so that the next time you sign in, these fields will be pre populated for you. This cookie is only offered in conjunction with certain Affiliate Sites that choose to make it available and it can only be activated if you select that option during your sign-in. If you select this option you can always deselect it each time you sign-in.
In order to personalize our service for your enjoyment and to monitor and improve the performance of our technology, we do collect/capture other data such as a member’s searches (such as their search criteria and results). For our internal purposes, we gather information such as date, time, connection speed and IP address of all visitors to our site. We keep this information simply for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, and system administration.
Third Party Advertising & Third Party Cookies:
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
.Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users (that means You) based on their visit to this site and other sites on the Internet.
What information is, or may be, collected from you by DataAndStats.com
We may collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server, including: computer-identification information obtained from “cookies”, sent to your browser from a
1. Web server and stored on your hard drive
2. An IP address, assigned to the computer which you use
3. The domain server through which you access our service
4. The type of computer you’re using
5. The type of web browser you’re using
We may collect the following personally identifiable information about you:
2. Email address
3. ZIP/Postal code
4. Demographic profile (like your age, gender,occupation,education and durables owned)
5. Interests (such as news, sports, travel and so on)
6. Financial information (like account or credit card numbers)
7. Opinions of features on our website(s).
Who collects the information
1. We will collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit our site.
2. We will collect personally identifiable information about you only as part of a voluntary registration process, mailing list, survey or contest.
3. Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
4. The Site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such Web sites.
5. We may make chat rooms, forums, instant messenger and message boards and other services available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when disclosing your personal information to anyone.
Communications from Us and Mailing Lists:
In order to keep our members informed about the operation of our services, we will send e-mails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our site and subscription service. For additional information about our site, services and offers, we give our members the option of joining our mailing list. We also allow you to choose whether to receive mails from partners and sponsors that we think will be of interest to you. Each marketing e-mail from us will come with instructions on how to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
How the information used?
We use personal information to:
1. Help us provide personalized features
2. Tailor our sites to your interest
3. Get in touch with you when necessary
We use contact information internally to:
1. Direct our efforts for product improvement
2. Contact you as a survey respondent
3. Notify you if you win any contest
4. Send you promotional materials from our contest sponsors or advertisers
Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
1. Remind us of who you are in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service from both an advertising and an editorial perspective
2. Recognize your access privileges to our Web sites
3. Track your entries in some of our promotions, sweepstakes and contests to indicate a player’s progress through the promotion and to track entries, submissions, and status in prize drawings
4. Make sure that you don’t see the same ad repeatedly
5. Help diagnose problems with our server
6. Administer our Web sites
7. Track your session so that we can understand better how people use our sites
With whom will your information be shared?
We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless:
1. We have your permission
2. Special circumstances such as compliance with legal authorities require disclosure
We will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you. We share survey contact information with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
What Choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of your information
Supplying personally identifiable information is entirely voluntary. You are not required to register with us in order to use our sites. However, we offer some services only to visitors who do register.
Upon request, we will remove your personally identifiable information from our database, thereby canceling your registration. See contact information below.
If we plan to use your personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes, we will notify you at the time we collect that information and allow you to opt-out of having your information used for those purposes.
All sites that are customization require that you accept cookies. You also must accept cookies to register as someone for access to some of our services. For information on how to set your browser to alert you to cookies, or to reject cookies, go to http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/.
Security Procedures to Protect Information of Loss, Misuse or Alteration
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. For example, our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this site, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
To correct or update any information you have provided, our sites give you the following options for changing:
Send an e-mail to info at DataAndStats/about